Events This Week
June 16th, 2014
Office is closed.
June 17th, 2014
6:30 pm Launch Pad at Good Shepherd
June 18th, 2014
7:15 pm Vestry Meeting
June 19th, 2014
7:00 am Men’s & Women’s Bible Studies at the Bogani Café
June 20th, 2014
11:30 am Habitat for Humanity BBQ for their Volunteers
7:00 pm Rev. S. Ormsbee Induction at St. Paul’s, Leduc
June 21st, 2014
3:00ish BBQ at the Rice Ranch (directions on foyer table)
7:00 pm Malankara Rental
June 22nd, 2014 2nd Sunday after Pentecost
9:00 am Holy Communion
10:30 am Holy Communion and Sunday School Wrap Up Sunday School Weiner Roast
Don't miss the early bird deadline THIS SUNDAY, June 15! Register today: www.nationalworshipconference.org
Whether clergy or lay, we’d love for you to join us at the National Worship Conference, July 20-23, at Providence Renewal Centre in Edmonton, AB. Offering an exceptional selection of over 20 workshops and high caliber presenters, this conference is an opportunity to explore transformative and meaningful worship.
Among the presenters are Anglican Church of Canada Primate Fred Hiltz, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada National Bishop Susan Johnson, as well as conductor/composer David Cherwien, liturgist Ruth Meyers, iconographer and multimedia artist Paul Fromberg, author Roger Ferlo, Worship magazine editor Bernadette Gasslein and musician Linnea Good.
Workshop topics include:
· Worship as transformational
· What God do I really live by?
· Liturgy: the first social media
· Spiritual direction: listening a soul into fullness of life
· Celebrating for the sake of the world (How can we design liturgy that makes a difference in people’s lives?)
· Messy Church: for those who love a good mash-up
· A FREE OPTIONAL WORKSHOP will be offered immediately following the Conference on Wed, July 23, from 12-4 pm, at Providence - Exploring the New Rites: Roundtable with Faith, Worship & Ministry and the Liturgy Task Force is an opportunity to hear firsthand about the exciting new liturgies being released for trial use in the Anglican Church of Canada later this year. All are welcome! Visit www.nationalworshipconference.org/workshops for a complete list and description of workshops.
· Dr. Joy Berg and the Rev. Canon Dr. Graham Cotter will be presented the Companion of the Worship Arts (CWA) Award at the National Worship Conference banquet: http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=d120aa8efc4112c7cae41108e&id=b4049ac6f1&e=91b6a3f172
Several events open to the general public will be offered in conjunction with the conference:
Friday, July 18 and Saturday, July 19: Concordia University College is hosting the worship and music symposium "Come to Us, Creative Spirit" to be led by David Cherwien. Musicians will be able to play for Cherwien and receive practical feedback. The symposium will also include an organ crawl through Anglican and Lutheran parishes to hear some of the best pipes in Edmonton.
Saturday, July 19: Linnea Good will present the workshop "Worship Music, with Families" at Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Old Strathcona.
Sunday, July 20: A preaching festival, featuring Paul Fromberg at Holy Trinity Old Strathcona and Ruth Meyers at All Saints' Cathedral will be offered
Wed, July 23, 12-4 pm: FREE OPTIONAL WORKSHOP will be offered immediately following the Conference. Exploring the New Rites: Roundtable with Faith, Worship & Ministry and the Liturgy Task Force: An opportunity to hear firsthand about the exciting new liturgies being released for trial use in the Anglican Church of Canada later this year. All are welcome!